Over $10m of specialist heavy / construction inventory already consigned to go under the hammer
Wednesday September 19, 2018: Yoder & Frey, leading auctioneers of heavy construction, mining and agricultural equipment in the USA, is already starting to receive confirmations of inventory consignments to go under the hammer at the next, and now famous, Kissimmee winter equipment sale, which commences for a week from February 12th-16th 2019.
"We initiated the now famous Kissimmee Winter Consignment auction back in 1975 as a one day event that saw just $2.8m worth of equipment go under the hammer," stated Peter Clark, President of Yoder & Frey. "Now in its 45th consecutive year, we are regarded as the 'elder statesmen' for this premier event that now spans several weeks and sees tens of thousands of pieces of quality heavy construction, mining and agricultural equipment, collectively worth hundreds of millions of dollars go under the hammer from a number of auctioneers. The Kissimmee event also attracts thousands of eager bidders, all looking to pick up exactly what they need for upcoming projects and at competitive prices and we continue to meet their needs."
Founded in 1964, Yoder & Frey has continued to spearheaded many innovative developments in the heavy equipment auction sector and in late 2016 the business merged with the UK based Euro Auctions operation. This vastly extended its global reach and meant it gained access to an established network of consignors and a network of over 150,000 buyers in over 95 countries. This coming together has also resulted in significant benefits for bidders and consignors alike and has really enhanced the overall quality of service delivered.
For example, last year a number of changes were evident at its 2018 Florida auctions, the most significant of which was the introduction of ramp style auction. Here all rolling stock lots are paraded past the bidders, who can now sit in a comfortable, specially constructed arena. Quite a radical change from the previous approach where auctioneers and the whole entourage move to each piece of equipment being auctioned, wherever it was positioned around the massive yard. This change also helped improve logistics as attendees could easily pick up their bidder numbers and immediately engage in the sale as the administrative offices were located immediately adjacent to the sale ramp, making it far easier for everyone. New loading ramps were also built vastly simplifying the process of getting equipment in and out of the sales site for consignors and the trucking firms.
Further improvements are planned for the 2019 auction including the move to a 100% absolute auction. The February 2018 auction saw a selling figure of 97% however 2019 will go one better and be completely unreserved. Yoder and Frey believe in treating buyers and sellers equally and the only way to do this is by running an absolute event.
Another key to the success of Yoder & Frey has been its straight forward and friendly service that enables customers to easily buy and sell equipment and machinery as its culture was founded on family values and it's is still run today as a 'family' business. We strive to know all our customers personally and take immense pride in ensuring that they always receive the service they deserve and equipment that perfectly meets their needs.
"It is still too early to start to provide details on individual lots but Kissimmee 2019 is already shaping up to be bigger and better than last year. More consignors are showing interest in consigning significant lots and at a much earlier stage in the process," continued Peter Clark. "We've had a tremendous 2018 so far with three auctions in Florida, four in Ohio and a number of offsite auctions including one in Tampa and a Mining surplus auction coming up in Pennsylvania and several others in the pipeline. We also held our first online only auction selling CAT 777's which was immensely successful exceeding all our expectations. If 2018 continues in the same vein our 2019 auction has the making of the best auction in the history of the Kissimmee Winter event, which can only be good for both the bidders and consignors."
Auction quick facts: successes from Yoder & Frey Kissimmee 2018 sale
- Bidders came from over 100 countries and from right across the USA
- Over 6000 lots of quality new, used and surplus equipment consigned
- Over 1000 engines, consigned and sold at this five day auction event
- Almost a 30% increase in the final hammer from the 2017 sale
- Bidder registrations leapt almost 60% on previous annual totals to over 3200
- Number of first time registrations more than doubled to over 1300
- Online registrations also more than doubled
- Online sales now account for just under one in four transactions. – 24%
- Web visits also rocketed almost threefold (249%) in the weeks just prior to the sale with average dwell time on the website more than doubling to around 10 minutes per visit.
What customers were saying about the auctions:
- Yoder & Frey know how to best market my equipment to a wide audience and as a consignor I have confidence that it will be seen by the right buyer in time for each sale – Ohio Mulch – Jim Weber
- Selling with Yoder & Frey is such a simple overall experience and with the various sales managers on hand to help with transportation and ensuring my equipment is ready for sale. I wouldn't sell with any other auctioneer – Milams Equipment Sales – Tommy Milam
- I like the broad display of equipment Yoder & Frey presents to its buying public at each sale. When looking for a new machine, what I want is choice, and through the huge network of sales I can always find exactly what I want – Pittsburg Lawn & Tractor – Richard Wojkowski
- As part of our business development we continually refresh our fleet and as a result need to attract buyers to our redundant equipment. Yoder & Frey has held a number of disposal sales for our business and we have been extremely happy with the prices realized, as well as the manner in which all assets were disposed of – Bill Miller
Register for upcoming auctions
For information and to pre-register for the upcoming Yoder & Frey Kissimmee or other auctions potential consignors and all bidders should visit the Yoder & Frey website (www.yoderandfrey.com). Alternatively Yoder & Frey can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or called on 001 419.865.3990. Catalogues and further information on all other forthcoming Global auction events are also available from Euro Auctions at www.euroauctions.com